This is a bit out of context, but I must share…

After months and months of intermittent connectivity loss on random devices and computers on my home network. I’ve finally figured out the problem was that my router was issuing itself as the DNS server.. Never do this. I changed the problem nodes to use google public dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4… problem solved. This largely effected PS3, my internet tv and 1 notebook. Maybe this will save someone else the headache.

In my case, I am using one of those Time Warner wide band 50Mb cable modems that act as a router. Some sort of Ubee device. This device does not have the ability to allow you to choose which dns servers are issued in the dhcp request. So weak.