Improve application availability and performance for over 3 million students on their online education platforms. Deliver a global eCommerce solution. Develop a cloud transaction mechanism to improve scalability and reduced costs. We enabled one of the world’s largest companies to mobilize its business units and migrate 50 shared applications to AWS in less than a month. Migrate a data center to a public cloud. Travel and work onsite at client locations (typically 50%).
What You have Done:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Science.
- 5-7 years of experience with coding or scripting languages with at least two of the following (Shell, Ruby/JRuby, Perl, Python, PowerShell, Java, Go, Bash).
- Experience in mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices.
- Strong technical foundation in a number of the following tools and technologies: Linux and/or Windows (Ubuntu/Debian and/or RedHat/Centos/Fedora. Virtualization (VMWare, Xen, KVM, VirtualBox).
- Cloud computing 5+ years: (AWS, Google GCP/GAE/GCE, Rackspace Cloud, Azure).
- Infrastructure automation 3+ years (Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible)
- Build tools (Maven, Ant, NAnt, MSBuild, Rake, GNU Make).
- Continuous integration tools (Cruise, TeamCity, Jenkins).
- SCM tools (Git, SVN, Perforce, Mercurial).
- Application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (WebSphere, Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Apache HTTP server)
Enjoy the opportunity to have a long term contract with a lot of varied work!
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $70.00 to $90.00 /hour
- How many years of build tool experience do you have?
- How many years of Cloud Computing (AWS preferred) experience do you have?
- How many years of continuous integration experience do you have?
- How many years of DevOps experience do you have?
- How many years of Infrastructure Automation experience do you have?
- How many years of Java Application Server experience do you have?
- How many years of Scripting Language (see job description for list) experience do you have?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- What percentage of the time are you willing to travel for work?