The basic function of the Engineer III/Consultant III is the preparation of nuclear or commercial design changes to operating facilities including studies, calculations, analysis, drawing revisions, etc. If functioning as a Project Engineer (PE), see separate PE Job Description for additional requirements.
- Visits clients to develop relationships, support project meetings, and develop new business opportunities.
- Works closely with other Engineers within Project Engineer scope ensuring that work is done efficiently and any changes are communicated.
- Ensures no out of scope work is performed until approved by the client.
- Identifies any project issues that may affect project quality, schedule, or budget to the Supervisor and Project Engineer as soon as it is discovered.
- Assists Project Engineer in support of assigned duties as required.
- Supports Project Manager in preparation of scopes of work, budget, and schedules for proposals.
- Promotes the common understanding that the customer and the quality of the products and service is the first priority and that each person in the company is here to support that purpose.
- Mentors lower level engineers and consultants.
- Supports Project Engineer or Project Manager in scoping projects which includes both the technical and financial requirements.
- Complete our Project Engineer training and associated certification programs.
- Work towards obtaining DP Engineering qualifications to work independently on tasks. For work performed under the our Quality Assurance (QA) program, some tasks require a utility qualification such a process applicability determination (PAD) (also known as 10CFR50.59 screen) and 10CFR50.59 evaluation.
- Performs billable work (i.e. with minimal overhead) as much as possible.
- Projects are completed at or below proposed budgeted billable hours.
- Out of scope items are identified and discussed with the Supervisor and Project Engineer before beginning work.
- Project problems and/or issues are addressed immediately using the Supervisor and Project Engineer to establish the best course for solutions.
- Completed activities shall be of high quality and shall not require any rework.
- Has completed Project Engineer certification.
- Maintains an individual percent billable as determined by goals set by the Principals.
- Communication Skills – must have the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Multi-tasking – must have the ability to simultaneously perform multiple assignments.
- Computers & Software – basic working knowledge and ability using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Interpersonal Skills – team player with ability to interface effectively with different levels of the organization both internally and with clients.
- Must have strong knowledge of engineering services, especially nuclear.
- Ability to initiate and prepare staffing and revenue forecasts and project budgets.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be capable of obtaining unescorted access at nuclear plants and other facilities. This includes successfully passing drug and alcohol screening, a background check and plant access training.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Driver’s License and meet our insurability requirements.
Education & Experience
- BS Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Civil or Electrical) from an ABET accredited program or equivalent experience in engineering related activities in industries served by us.
- Professional Engineers License
- 3-7 years of experience in design engineering for a firm doing similar work as our supporting nuclear engineer for industrial projects.