The SEC Reporting Specialist is a key individual contributor to the success of the Finance Department. The SEC Specialist will take a lead role with respect to the financial aspects of quarterly and annual financial reporting filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. This position reports to the Controller and has frequent interaction with the executive management team.
What You Will Do:
- Takes lead role in the preparation of SEC filings (e.g. Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, related XBRL filings, and proxy statements)
- Prepare quarterly earnings releases
- Ensure compliance with SOX and SEC regulations
- Perform quarterly fluctuation analyses to incorporate into the MD&A
- Research and document accounting policy positions in technical accounting memorandums
- Help automate and improve current financial reporting processes
- Responsible for execution and implementation of new accounting disclosure requirements
- Assist with any audit or regulatory requests, including financial statement tie out support and drafting comment letter responses
- Prepare and/or review monthly flux reporting packs for US and International subsidiaries
- Supervise GL Accountant and assist with monthly close process
- Responsible for managing equity transactions
- Responsible for the Consolidation process and overseeing intercompany transactions.
- Perform monthly close duties as needed.
What You Need:
- BS in Accounting
- CPA Required
- 5+ years of public company financial reporting
- Audit (Big Four) experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience managing the SEC reporting function in a public company
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of U.S. GAAP and requirements under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Experience with reporting tools such as Workiva or ActiveDisclosure
- Advanced Excel skills
- High degree of professionalism and integrity with ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple commitments
What We Offer:
- Company has over 40 years of expertise in simulation background with next-generation training technologies and engineering services. We are a total solutions provider for the energy industry.
- Culture that values each of our employee’s expertise, service to our customers and unique contributions.
- Culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits that become effective the first day you start including – Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance and much more.
- 15 days of vacation, 5 sick days, holidays, and more
- 401K w/ 50% match up to a maximum employee contribution of 6%