This is a position with a global investment firm based in New York City. It is contract only with a duration of at least one year. There are two open positions.
We are seeking consultants that will Leverage outstanding knowledge of RDBMS Cloud solutions, object oriented programming, database networking technology, and database management, tuning, configuration, and troubleshooting to optimize management of client data warehouse.
You will be part of a Global Team, performing MS SQL Database Cloud architecture development and collaborating with BI and analytics developers to recommend/apply best practices and standards for optimal performance of analytical tools (e.g., Tableau, SAS, VBA) and processes.
In this position, you will:
- Develop automated processes and develop resource-efficient database packages to support the firm’s growing analytics capabilities, including evaluating new and existing technologies and processes for capacity, performance and scalability.
- Monitor system performance, develop recommendations, and advocate for buy-in of proposed solutions to improve performance and reliability of RDBMS and underlying operating systems.
- Serve as administrator to manage user accounts, maintain system documentation, manage the installation of firm-wide software, allocating storage space, among others.
- Manage database backups by recommending and implementing appropriate strategies, and periodically test backups to ensure database recoverability.
- Provide guidance and support to analytic colleagues to resolve hardware and/or software issues and/or failures on an on-call basis.
- Represent the firm as needed to manage the client data transfer process
- Must have a Minimum of 10+ years a Database administrator.
- Must have 4 + years of ‘Recent’ experience working in a Banking or Brokerage House environment.
- Minimum of 7+ years experience working as a SQL Server DBA handling versions 2008 R2 – 2016.
- Must have experience handling Large DB’s of 30tb or better.
- Must have ‘Recent’ experience performing as a Functional & Application DBA.
- Extensive experience of designing schemas for OLTP & OLAP databases
- Advanced knowledge of data integration and workflow applications (e.g., SQL Server Integration Services, Oracle Data Integrator, Informatica Power Center)
- Advanced knowledge of database reporting and analytical tools (e.g., SQL Server Reporting Services or Analysis Services)
- Excellent SQL development and tuning skills to generate complex queries
- Strong scripting skills for development of automated process (e.g., PowerShell, Python)
- Experience with infrastructure components including operating system, storage, network, hardware, virtual machines
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $75.00 to $80.00 /hour
- How many years of Banking/Brokerage House workspace experience do you have?
- How many years of DBA experience do you have?
- How many years of large (30 TB+) database experience do you have?
- How many years of Microsoft SQL Server experience do you have?
- How many years of PowerShell or Python scripting experience do you have?
- How many years of query tuning and optimization experience do you have?
- How many years of schema design experience do you have?
- How many years of SSRS or similar reporting tool experience do you have?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you in New York, NY?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?