The Senior Staff Engineer performs mechanical design and analysis, project leadership, technical reviews, and other technical and project management related tasks as assigned by the mechanical supervisor.
- Visits clients to develop relationships, support project meetings, and develop new business opportunities.
- Works closely with other Engineers within Project Engineer scope ensuring that work is done efficiently and any changes are communicated.
- Ensures no out of scope work is performed until approved by the client.
- Identifies any project issues that may affect project quality, schedule, or budget to the Supervisor and Project Engineer as soon as it is discovered.
- Assists Project Engineer in support of assigned duties as required.
- Supports Project Manager in preparation of scopes of work, budget, and schedules for proposals.
- Promotes the common understanding that the customer and the quality of the products and service is the first priority and that each person in the company is here to support that purpose.
- Mentors lower level engineers and consultants.
- Complete our Project Engineer training and associated certification programs.
- Complete DP Engineering qualifications to work independently on tasks. For work performed under the our Quality Assurance (QA) program, some tasks require a utility qualification such a process applicability determination (PAD) (also known as 10CFR50.59 screen) and 10CFR50.59 evaluation.
- Performs billable work (i.e. with minimal overhead) as much as possible.
- Projects are completed at or below proposed budgeted billable hours.
- Out of scope items are identified and discussed with the Supervisor and Project Engineer before beginning work.
- Project problems and/or issues are addressed immediately using the Supervisor and Project Engineer to establish the best course for solutions.
- Has completed Project Engineer certification.
- Maintains an individual percent billable as determined by goals set by the Principals.
- Able to effectively communicate technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers.
- Must have the ability to simultaneously perform multiple assignments.
- Team player with ability to interface effectively with different levels of the organization both internally and with clients.
- Must have strong knowledge of engineering services, especially nuclear.
- Recognized as a Subject Matter Expert in at least two topic areas and developing expertise in one or more subject matters.
- Mentoring and training of other engineers and non-engineers
- May be required to take temporary assignments at customer locations to support business needs and requirements.
- Capable of appropriate use of computer applications and other specialized engineering tools.
- Must be able to obtain unescorted access to a Nuclear Facility. This includes passing drug and alcohol screening, a background check and plant access training.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in Mechanical Engineering (or closely related degree program) from an ABET accredited program, or equivalent experience in engineering related activities in industries served by us.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License.
- 15-20 years experience in design, systems, or construction engineering performing engineering tasks supporting nuclear and industrial projects.
- Proven lead engineer and/or supervisory experience